What is lurking in your shampoo?
All skin and hair care products contain ingredients that may be harmful to our environment once they have reached the water supply, but have you considered the effects they may have on your body?
We are excited to announce our new line hair and skin care products. This line includes organic shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, lip balm and bar soap. These products are formulated to exclude an extensive list of chemical ingredients to help reduce your toxin exposure. These include, but are not limited to, formaldehyde, parabens, and sodium lauryl sulfate.
Here are some reasons why these ingredients were omitted from our organic product line:
Formaldehyde- used as a preservative or cleansing agent
· Skin irritant
· May cause watery, burning eyes
· May cause burning sensations in the throat
· May trigger asthma attacks in some people
· Known carcinogen
Parabens- used to inhibit bacterial growth
· Believed to mimic the activity of estrogen which is associated with certain forms of breast cancer
· May possibly affect the male and female reproductive organs
· May decrease testosterone levels in men and account for a low sperm count
Sodium Laurel Sulfate- used as a detergent and foaming agent
· Mimics estrogen activity
· Is used in car wash soaps and engine degreasers because of its highly corrosive nature
· May cause hair lost by attacking at the follicle
· Dries skin by stripping the protective lipids from the surface
· Denatures skin proteins which may give air borne pollutants a way to enter the body
· Removes oil to an extent that may cause health issues ranging from eczema canker sores
· Strips hair of moisture causing breakage and damage
These products and the extensive list of excluded chemicals are on display now in our lobby now. Check them out next time you are in and let us know if we can answer any questions.